Friday, September 20, 2019

Loving To Learn

student study group



Ann was on her way to the university library when she ran into Bobby.

"Hey, baby." Bobby grinned.

Ann's stomach gurgled. She felt like she was going to barf up her breakfast of pancakes and coffee. She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"You again?" she said.

"Yeah, it's me. Was hoping to catch you."

"What for?" Ann looked at him, a slight frown on her face.

"Well, there's this big frat party at the Alpha Kappa's. I want you to come with me. It's the whole talk of the campus - loads of music, and partying, and fun - you'll love it!" He grinned again, flashing his yellow stained teeth.

Ann shook her head. "A big party on a weekday? You know it's Thursday, right?"

Bobby shrugged. "The Alpha Kappa's don't care. They party whenever they want. Say - are you comin' or what?"

" No Bobby, I need to study. Good grades are important to me. I hope you understand that."

"Aww, c'mon Ann! All you ever do is study. Don't you want a life?"

Ann's eyes flashed and she gnashed her teeth. Her shoulders shook and she stamped her foot.

"I have a life, thank you very much! And I don't need some drunken frat boy telling me what to do. Get lost!" she glared at him.

"Huh? You get all pissed just because I invite you to a party? Wow, just wow..." he walked off, muttering to himself.

Ann watched him go. She never could understand Bobby. Sure, he was good looking in a rough kind of way, but all he ever did was guzzle down beers and eat pepperoni pizza. She couldn't even remember a time he ever studied. How he got into University was a mystery to her. She sighed and entered the library.

Here was her world - books and all the knowledge she could learn from - so many things to read about and discover. It excited her. She ran up the stairs to the second floor.

And there she saw her friends: Dani, Robin, and Rick. She flashed a smile and waved at them as she ran to their table. Setting her backpack on the floor, she pulled up a chair alongside them. Here were her friends, her family. 


flies
around a light bulb
students





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.