Thursday, June 27, 2019

The Sound Of Silence

sparrow




One summer morning, I took a stroll through the woods. The sun shone like a gold coin and her rays flooded through me. I felt a tingling warmth creep up my body, a lightheadedness like I was flying through the air. Smiling, I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and let the cool crisp air fill my lungs. As I stood there, savoring the fresh air, I listened to the soft chirping of the sparrows in the trees. Their sweet song was like a choir of children singing at Sunday service. And my heart swelled within me to hear such soft, heartfelt music. A feverish trembling shook my frame as I strained to hear that symphony of sound. Coming closer, I stepped on a broken branch lying on the ground. The sudden snap was like a gunshot - the sparrows burst from the trees and shot straight for the sky. Raising a hand to shield my eyes, I watched them soar away.


a flying sparrow
flees like a speeding arrow
the sound of silence


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.