Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Crossroad Choices

thunder storm



One Spring day, I stood at a crossroad. Off to one side, I saw a wooden pole with two signs. One sign pointed East: as I looked in that direction, I saw a paved road that led to a city on a hill. The other sign pointed West: from that direction I could see a dirt road that led into a dreary and dark wood. And a great trembling overtook me. My body shook as I looked back and forth between the eastern and western path. A feeling of helplessness flooded me; I felt like a rat was gnawing my body. I bit my fingernails to steady my shaking hands. Each path seemed appealing to me, and yet I felt uncertain of my true destination. As I hesitated at the crossroad, black clouds gathered around me.


two wooden signs
at the crossroad
thunderstorm
my socks are soaked
standing in the rain



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.