Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Princess And The Dragon

old castle tower




The Princess And The Dragon




I, Albert, a humble monk of the Franciscan Order, discovered an old scroll in the dusty shelves of the monastery library. Sitting down at a wooden table, I unraveled the scroll and peered at the faded letters. By the look of the language, it seemed to be centuries old. Fascinated, I began to read. The language was in an archaic tongue, but after careful translating, I was able to discern that the scroll told a story about a princess and a dragon. 

I now relate to you what I learned. Listen closely, my friends, for it tells an important lesson worth remembering:


A red dragon defends its lair,
Keeping captive a maiden fair;
Her heavy heart set in grief,
As no knight rides to her relief.
Her streaming tears are a sorry sight,
From a fair flower that shines so bright;
Alone and afraid, she yearns to be freed
From her cruel captor's lustful greed;
No gold or gems will ransom her release,
This perfect prize, this golden fleece.
Locked in a tower, she looks at the land,
Wishing for a knight to win her hand;
But who will fight so fearsome a foe,
A tragic end, this tale of woe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.