Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Sundae Shop

sundae shop



The Sundae Shop




Feeling rather hungry, and in the mood for something cold on a hot summer day, I drive to the local sundae shop. Sitting down, I browse through the menu: I see root beer floats, milkshakes, ice creams of every color and flavor, and of course, sundaes. Being a "sweet tooth" fanatic, I order my favorite sundae. I rub my hands with glee as I wait for it to arrive.

It's not long before the waitress appears with my order. Smiling, she asks me if there is anything else I need. Being in love with my sundae, I can only mumble and shake my head. Smirking, the waitress returns to her duties. She knows an ice cream lover when she sees one.

There in front of me is the light of my life: two scoops of vanilla ice cream in a white bowl. The ice cream is drenched with a generous serving of hot fudge and shredded nuts. And the crowning glory is a maraschino cherry placed on top.

"A sweet treat indeed," I marvel as I pick up my spoon:


two scoops
of vanilla ice cream
in a bowl
winter never melts
with my spoon by my side


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.