Thursday, May 23, 2019

Sweet Treats

sweet treats



As I wandered through my local bakery, my eyes fell upon a glass display of sweet treats.  My eyes lit up when I saw what was displayed: strawberry shortcake, chocolate cake, and red velvet cake. But that was not all--that was simply "icing" on the cake. Below these lovely cakes, I saw various slices of apple, cherry, and peach pie. My mouth watered and I smiled. As I admired all these wonderful desserts, a song popped into my head:



Chocolate and vanilla cake,
Served from the oven freshly baked;
Little cupcakes all soft and sweet,
With bowls of strawberries and cream,
Made from hand churned local ice cream;
Oatmeal raisin cookies to eat,
Rows and rows of chocolate candy,
With centers of liqueur brandy;
All the treats you could ever meet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.