Friday, May 3, 2019

Dog Tales

Bluey



Dog Tales




I have a blue heeler named Bluey. He is a medium sized dog, weighing about forty to fifty pounds. He has bluish-grey fur, with a big black spot on his back. Bluey is a friendly fellow--he loves to be rubbed. There have been many times when he would roll over on his back, his arms and legs all dangling like an overturned cockroach, as he waited for his belly to be rubbed.

Like all dogs, Bluey loves a good meal--especially scraps from his Master's table. Being a generous person by nature, I like to throw him something--usually a vegetable like green beans or sliced carrots. Bluey is an amazing acrobat--I casually throw a small chunk of potato at him and he will catch it in his mouth and consume it. The expression on his face is priceless--no sooner is the food in his mouth, and he is already looking for more. I can almost read in his eyes his silent message: "Is that all?"

After dinner is over, it's not uncommon to see Bluey in the kitchen:


my dog sniffing
for scraps in the kitchen
a vacuum cleaner



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.