Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Dreamer

small raft in the sea



The Dreamer




I, Mark, sailed the sea in a small raft. The sun was high in the sky, and a warm wind blew on my face. I closed my eyes and breathed the salt of the sea. And I dreamed. I dreamed of far lands and its wealth--of spice, and silk, and gold. I yearned to see strange priests chant to their gods; to read old scrolls scribed on stone; to hear the call of Faith, as men bowed down to pray. And my heart swelled as I thought of these things. I felt drawn to see a New World. A place where dreams would come true; a new home to live my life free from fear and pain. And then I saw the light. It was like a mist drawn from my eyes; I could see once more. Tears streamed down my face and I smiled. I smiled as I saw land in view.


land
in sight
old dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.