Thursday, March 14, 2019

The Mountain And Me

misty  mountain



The Mountain and Me




I trudge up the mountain path, following a trail that leads to the summit. It weaves and winds its way through the snow like a coiled snake. The wind howls in my ears, and I hug myself as I shiver in the cold. I can barely see ahead of me. Squinting my eyes, I stare up the winding trail. It's hard to make out anything in this thick, soupy fog. Everything is grey and dark; shadows dance before my eyes like puppets. My body trembles, and I shut my eyes to calm my nerves. Taking a deep breath, I let the cool, crisp air fill my lungs. It smells of pine, and its freshness sends tingles down my back. Sighing, I open my eyes and look again at the winding path that stretches up the mountain. A grim smile creeps up my face as I take my first step.


mountain air
a hawk flies free
to the peak

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.