Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Darkness

candle in a dark room




Darkness




Darkness. It covers me like a cold blanket. I feel like I am walking through a fog, as I wander blind and alone in this strange realm. Suddenly, inky shades surround me. Their blood eyes blast my soul, and I close my eyes to shut out the horror that I see in them. Icy talons pierce my shoulder like a meat hook, and I scream as coldness floods my veins. On my knees, I hold out my hands in supplication, the tears flowing down my face as I beg my tormentors to leave me in peace. Instead, they drag me towards a pit. Its gaping hole is like a giant mouth, ready to devour its victims. The shrieks of others fill my ears, a chorus of howls that send shivers down my spine. They push me closer to the edge of the pit, and I feel myself tottering on the edge, about to fall headfirst into that gaping maw. And then I see the candle:



A white candle on a wooden table.
Its light shines in the darkened room.
Black storm clouds gather on the horizon,
But the flame burns brighter than ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.