Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Lady Red

Lady Red




Lady Red





A great orange fireball rises over a meadow, as red-breasted robins chirp their morning song. And I walk among these sweet singers, listening as their melody weaves an enchantment over me. They sing like the finest choir girls, performing a cantata greater than Bach ever wrote. These heavenly strains fill my soul with God's grandeur, and I tremble as I press a hand over my beating heart. The singing increases, growing in power and purity as the sun rises higher into the air, filling the land with light. A warmth floods my body as I hear their song, leaving me breathless.

From the far side of the meadow, a figure wrapped in a cloak of scarlet slowly approaches. A wild thrill courses through me. Is it an angel? Biting my lip, I hold a hand over my eyes and stare as the scarlet figure closes the distance between us. The figure is silent a moment, then slender fingers pull down the hood. A smiling, grey eyed feminine face greets my eyes. A wave of recognition overtakes me. My heart feels like it will burst as I gaze upon this angelic beauty. With a cry, I leap into her waiting arms.



sunlight
on my face
Spring rain
I remember the first time
you caressed my cheek






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I welcome your comments.